“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation
that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble,
with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NKJV)
The Meridian Woods Church of Church has partnered with “A Listening Heart 4U”, an organization that conducts Grief Recovery Method workshops, to help adults move through the pain of grief from over 42+ losses. As a result, our Grief Recovery Ministry was established to help our members learn and effectively move through their grief process, along with their faith in God, in order to have a more productive and abundant life. Not only will individuals find help and comfort for themselves but learn how to comfort others. This ministry is also open to the public. Contact our church office for more information.
The ministry offers two programs:
“Experiencing God’s Comfort in Times of Grief” – This is a Class where we utilize the Grief Recovery Method.
Grief Recovery Outreach Workshop (G.R.O.W.) – It is being offered to anyone in Tallahassee and its surrounding communities.
The facilitator for the Grief Recovery Ministry is Marjorie R. Beasley, a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist, founder of “A Listening Heart 4U” organization, and our minister’s wife. She has been conducting Grief Recovery Workshops for individuals and groups since 2004.
- Grief is normal and natural.
- Grief is about a broken heart, not a broken head; therefore, it is okay to cry. (“Jesus Wept.” – John 11:35)
- Grief is the conflicting feelings caused by the end of or change in a familiar pattern of behavior.
- Grief is unique and individualized. We all grieve differently; therefore our recovery will be different. Same principle as a snowflake or fingerprint: “No two are alike.”
- Grief is not measured by your loss; but by your love.
Signup For Our Newsletter
Follow us on Facebook
Sunday Worship 9:30am
Sunday Bible Class 11:15am
Wednesday Bible Class 7:00pm
January 10, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm